Monday, November 08, 2004

Before Sunset

Finally done with my two-day event at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza last weekend, in case you didn't know, it was called the Singapore Learning Festival. Once again, I was helping out in Bel's department - Festival Square Circle on this project and it was rrrreeeaaallllyyyy boring...well what can you expect from this festival eh? I was stage hand (imagine my fear of the aunties and uncles the last time) and the programs lined up were talks after talks after talks...*yawnz* Now I finally understand how it feels like to be in Bel's position...and how Orchard Road looks like when it's past 1am on a weekday night. My colleagues and I stayed for set-up for PM Lee was the guest-of-honour for the kick-off of this Learning Fest on Friday afternoon. You will be surprised what goes on when all the lights are out. Orchard Road was simply amazing - no streetbuskers, no bustling of the daily crowd and music was playing from the shopping centres...Cool. I've fallen in love with this kinda peace and serenity.
Adrian Pang (he was hired as host for the launch on Friday by the way) freakin' screwed up on the launch. Instead of addressing the arrival of "Prime Minister" Lee, he announced "President" !!! Shocked faces? You bet!
Although the crowd wasn't as KS as those from the past Toa Payoh event, I saw the SAME PEOPLE again!!! Do they have a syndicate or something? They are like ghosts - they never give up! Simply going to every event just to get freebies! Oh my god...it's damn embarrassing can...Singaporeans...what are they thinking?
I had all kinds of speakers - from lectures from polytechnics to professional players in the various industries. But one was worth mentioning - he was Christopher Tan - currently lecturing in Republic Polytechnic. A pretty young chap, not bad looking BUT he really had a bad dress sense - his top-to-toe - his everything was mismatched and who wears a jacket in an outdoor event like this?! OMG...The best part was when he finished his 30min talk in 15min and after that, he went downstage to hand the audience rubber bands. For what? A MAGIC TRICK OF COURSE! I give up... Republic Poly...now we know...
Dear Jo, sorry for neglecting you the past week, was really busy at work...let's do dinner sometime and we'll talk about things yeah...
Signing off - MAN U...WHAT HAPPENED?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home