Friday, December 09, 2005

Festive Treasures

The World Cup draw’s gonna be made later today… I’m quite excited actually… next yr’s world cup has a few new additions so I’m wondering how they’ll perform… even Pele told the papers not to rule out Angola going all the way… wow… words from the great man… honestly speaking… from a neutral point of view I think argentina will take the cup… after their disastrous 2002 showing… I think now it’s their turn to shine… but then again… I’ve been known to be wrong on a number of occasions… who knows… maybe Pele cud be rite?
*nobody understands*

Still on the topic of soccer… the FA Cup draw was made last week and here are some of the fixtures worth a mention for the 3rd round…

Arsenal vs Cardiff
Hmmm… a potential banana skin for Arsenal as Cardiff can be giant killers… but in reality… come on… u dun really think arsenal cud lose rite? But who knows… as long as pascal cygan continues playing the way he does... Cardiff definitely will have a chance… a long story cut short… Cardiff seriously need to be super on-form and they need arsenal to not show up for them to have any chance…

Burton Albion vs Man Utd
Wow… this is a tough 1… a mid-table conference league side against the treble winners of 1999… a part-time side tat has the likes of lawyers, teachers, construction workers and gamblers versus full-time professionals… a team tat hasn’t reached the third round of the FA cup since 1985 take on the 11-time FA cup winners… need I say more? But Burton did beat a second-string Man Utd side in a friendly 2-1 the last time they met… can they pull it off again? Well… only if they field tat same second string side…

Chelsea vs Huddersfield
Huddersfield travel to Stamford Bridge for their third round tie… Huddersfield are 2nd in Division One ( meaning the league just below the Coca-Cola Championships )… to be honest… 2nd string Chelsea is still able to beat any team in the Premiership so I dun foresee any problems for them… but of course… everyone dreams of the day they beat Chelsea… juz like the time when they were beaten by Man City…

Luton vs LiverpoolLuton are 5th in the League Championships and are in playoff contention to the Premiership… but seriously have a habit of leaking goals… they have conceded more goals than any other team in the top half of their league… but not to worry… they face a team who dun have a habit of scoring much anyway… but I think liverpool will still edge this out by the odd goal…

Man City vs Scunthorpe
Without a shadow of a doubt… this is THE match of the 3rd round… although man city have not performed well in cup competitions during recent times… I expect them to turn the corner with this match… this is Man City’s time!
*nobody understands*

Got a bhangra party tonite man! Woohoo… hahaz… Charles, my ex-manager at harry’s invited the gang over to his place for “appetizers”… meaning lots of drinks and catching up… once we have our fill we’re most definitely going to some kind Indian club for bhangra music n dance… I dun know whether I’m going coz quite frankly this doesn’t interest me one bit… but then again… most of the gang are going so I dun know sia… it’ll most likely be expensive so I’m more on the “no” side… money’s been tight ever since I entered NS… shouldn’t be spending like celebrity when I myself earn less than a janitor… ahhh… the spirit of Christmas…
*nobody understands*

Mother: June tat time want to go Lake Tahoe?
Son: Eh dun want lahz… I got a long term plan… need to save money and leave days... store up to see Jill…
Mother: Oh really… when?
Son: Tats y it’s a long-term plan… I dun know… maybe during winter?
Mother: I see… is this like the last time when u said u wanted to go but in the end nv go coz no money?
Son: Errr… something like tat? But this time it’s gonna be different… I think I can make it this time…
Mother: I say… my son... u used to earn 3 times more than u currently do… I wud say tat’s the main difference… and u say u’ll make it this time? My my u are ambitious aren’t u?
Son: Wow… those motivational classes u attended are really worth every penny...
*nobody understands*

Dammit… I’m hooked on Sudoku!
*nobody understands*

2 months in the office… office politics is brewing… behind those smiles… u dun know wat they’re sending each other thru e-mail… I’m only too familiar with this… and so it begins… stay tuned for more news…
*nobody understands*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home