Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Over Lemon Tea and Teh Si

Love, love is a verb
Love is a doing word
Fearless on my breath
Gentle impulsion
Shakes me, makes me lighter
Fearless on my breath
Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my breath

Night ,night of matter
Black flowers blossom
Fearless on my breath
Black flowers blossom
Fearless on my breath
Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my

Water is my eye
Most faithful mirror
Fearless on my breath
Teardrop on the fire
Of a confession
Fearless on my breath
Most faithful mirror
Fearless on my breath
Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my breath

( Massive Attack – Teardrop )

Credit to my colleague "Dr Zen" who introduced to me this song. It really has this soothe calming effect on me everytime I listen to it. I recommend u to take a listen to it when u have the chance.
Note to Jon: Another colleague of mine sampled for me this band ‘Bullet for my Valentine’. A little too heavy for my liking but the kind u’d fancy. Knowing you, u’ve probably heard of them already. But do take a listen if u haven’t yet yeah.
*nobody understands*

It’s been almost 2 weeks since I last took the time to actually blog. Even my sister was commenting that I don’t update my page. Been really busy these past 2 weeks. It’s budget week here in sunny Singapore and tat means staying back for us NSmen. You can’t say no. You know why? Coz u’re a bloody NSmen. But I dun really mind. At least I’m with the guys. If I was alone then I’d probably go hysterical coz I juz can’t be alone with all these executives. Well… this week will be the last week of staying back. Thank goodness. The environment here juz makes me sleepy. Must be the lighting.
*nobody understands*

In a world of ipods and zens,
it’s comforting to know that my discman hasn’t let me down.

*nobody understands*

Last nite was a killer. Besides starting work at 8.30… I was told I needed to stay back after work. No problems… I mean… I’ve stayed back after work so many times. Office wants free labour from me? Nothing new… but yesterday was extraordinary mind u… by the time we were done it was already close to 4am… called my folks to tell them I wouldn’t be home and their reaction was as though I wouldn’t be home for weeks … tat’s my mum for u… anywayz… had to contend with a combination of office chairs to use as my temporary bed… wasn’t comfortable at all… We all still had to be up by 9 mind u… I had the dashing figure of notre-dame when I woke up… if u know wat I mean… I was juz aching all over the place… all I cud think abt was juz getting home… then one of the execs came up with the craziest idea… “come… play badminton…” I was all ready to fling the chair in his direction… but decided against it… “ dun want lah… tired lah” was the response of this lazy NSmen… “scared lose rite…” was his comeback… oh man… how cud I back down from a challenge? Played a few rounds during lunchtime tat literally exhausted me to the core… playing badminton with only a limited amount of sleep under ur belt juz makes u high… got back to office n word is I might be doin another overnite session again tonite… it juz keeps getting better n better…
*nobody understands*

Tiredness Fuels
Empty Thoughts

Sleep… Sleep… Sleep


I’ve been so out of touch with the movies lately... wanna catch Munich and Capote… I was simply in awe during the trailers… but then again… gotta find the time 1st… Read a review on this movie called “Date Movie”… reviewers listed it as a “2 out of 10 stars” film… oh my… tat rating is juz atrocious… coincidentally… the website also has a “100 worst ever movies” based on ratings of viewers… Date movie came in at 57… for more info… go to this site… imdb.com… it’s a really interesting site… not only does it review a movie… it also tells u background info on the movie and stuff u nv knew… it even has a section where pple actually go n notice “defects” in the movie… for example… like being able to see the cameramen when the actor is wearing sunglasses… or when the film is supposed to be in a certain country but is clearly wrong coz of statues or landmarks in the background… tat sort of stuff… Munich and Capote got a rating of 8/10… hmmm… gotta catch it… but then again… Syriana got an 8 too whereas Pink Panther got juz a 4… difference is I would recommend pink panther to my friends and not Syriana… maybe I’m juz an ah beng who dun understand sophisticated films…
*nobody understands*

Save the Trees
Recycle Please

*nobody understands*

1 Comments:

Blogger ジョン★リム said...

yes jon i've heard of them before, they're almost like "funeral for a friend" ... anyway, i use to tink carry a discman around is very cool ... a stack of cds too, but with the ipod, i can bring my entire cd cabinet ... and u do noe how big tat cabinet is ... haha it's a world of difference

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home